Saturday, January 25, 2014

Winter Work-Arounds

tweeted from Lancaster:
Locally, we had this...:


...which caused this:



(My place is the one on the right.)
...which gave Nadi-boo the chills:


...which also froze up my laundry pipes. 

Last night, as I lay in bed listening to music, I had an Inspiration.  Since my personal Great Ice Storm of 2013, I have used an adapter on the kitchen faucet to run the garden hose for water outside when needed.

The Inspiration - screw the garden hose to the kitchen faucet:






...and attach the other end to the COLD inlet on the washer:


You need to hook up to the cold line, because (as I found out thru experience) the only rinse option on most modern washers is "Cold".  Thus, if you hook into the hot line, rinsing ain't gonna happen.  It takes longer to fill the machine than it does from the regular lines, but it beats the hell out of not having clean sheets and clothes!

You're welcome!

No comments: