Sunday, September 14, 2014

Buy a Nun a Book Day...

...is approaching.  I'm consulting my nunnish sources, but all the evidence points to Real Soon - September 17.  Once again, I will be sending books to the good sisters who taught me in my callow youth.


It's a nice way to say "Thanks"!


Update 1 - a couple of years ago, my daughter introduced me to the "Paperback Swap" club. If, when you join (free) you post 10 books, you get an immediate three book credits. Each credit means that you can order a book of your choosing from another member. Last year, I was pretty broke, so I cashed in my book credits, and had the other members send the books to the sisters for me.

Just a thought, if you're broke, have some extra books, and want to send books to the nun(s) of your choice. See the PBS site to get the low-down on how the club works!

Update 2 - my shopping is done. I used Thriftbooks.com to purchase a half-dozen paperbacks for less than $20.00.  Check them out!

No comments: