Saturday, April 6, 2013

Follow-up on "The Hits" Post

Here is the e-mail I sent to family and friends a few minutes ago:

Houston, We Have A Problem 
Whilst I'm not in transit to the Moon as 'spam in a can', I've developed my very own problem.
 
Apparently, age, mileage and my own personal mutation in my lower back have converged to short out the nerves that run my left foot and, to a lesser extent, my left leg.  My chiropractor (Dr. Fritz) stopped treatment a week ago last Monday, because he didn't know what was going on.  I met with my MD (Dr. Art) yesterday, who, in no uncertain terms, said that surgery was indicated lest I lose function permanently.
 
I'm scouting out means of financing this, and plan to consult with Dr. Fritz on Monday for a referral to a neurosurgeon, as Dr Art suggested.
 
Prayer in any denomination is welcome and requested.
  

No comments: