Friday, February 7, 2014

Customer Service 101 (Updated!)

Update:   One of the replacement DVDs arrived in yesterday's mail.  Looking worse off that the one pictured below.  I called, and they are going to sent out Yet Another Copy of "Tesla, Master of Lightning".  I'm wondering if I will ever get to watch it.  And more extra DVDs are supposed to be on the way!

I just received the second in a row busted DVD from Netflix today.  Like the previous one, it was almost cracked in half, from the center out to one edge (I finished the job to put it out of its misery!):


Since it was the second in a row, I gave them a call.  I told the nice young man what the problem was, and gave him my account information.  We agreed that the problem could be anywhere, and also agreed that it sounded like some handling equipment that was out of whack.  So, their job now is to figure out where the out of whack machine is, and get it fixed!

He asked me to call them directly if it happens again.  That way, they can get more info than the on-line form provides ("It's broken", basically).

And for my trouble, he is sending out an extra DVD.  (He also hinted that if I were to call again, I could probably get another extra DVD!)

As such things go, that was pleasant.

No comments: