Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Gardening - 2015

In the last week or so, what with the weather being at least tolerable, if not downright enjoyable, I have begin to garden.  I've added a manure/humus mix to the beds, and done a fair amount of planting.  I even have some before and after pictures.

Before:
 This is the overview shot.  The kitchen bed is populated with tomatoes, onion, basil and lettuce (Red, and Red Romaine).  The raised bed and the low bed have not been tended to in this shot.

This is looking at the other raised bed and the rose.  I've already pruned it, but haven't touched the bed.

After:
These are seed pods.  Theory is, you just stick them in the dirt, water them, and you have Magic Beans!.  No, wait... I got regular and cherry tomatoes, red peppers, and basil.  The upper right one is upside down so you can see what the pod looks like.

 Here is the lettuce patch.

 Tomatoes, onion and lettuce.


This is the "Mystery Melon" part of the garden.  Last year, I planted watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew.  At the end of the season, I have a few that weren't ripe, so I smashed them up and buried them in their beds.  Now, I have about two dozen unknown sprouts all over the place.  I decided to organize them as best I could, and have turned the border beds between the patio and lawn into the aforementioned Mystery Melon Patch.

 The blackberry is starting to green  up.

 And flowers are blooming!

 The Kings Candle is starting.

 As is the rose stick.

I've done more since these pictures were taken, but that is another post!

No comments: