Saturday, June 6, 2015

A Saturday Friday Garden

So, I went to the local hardware store, to get staples for my compressor-driven staple gun, and a quart of paint for my moving downstairs project.

And then, I saw that they had raised bed frames and peppers for sale. Gardening sounded way more fun than painting, so, meet the new bed:

Left-to-right, 'found' tomato, muskmelon, Serrano pepper (new), Thai Hot (transplanted).
 The 'found' tomato was found (duh) sprouting in the compost heap. I had tossed out some tomato, and voila! Since it wanted to sprout for me, I thought the least I could do was get started and plant it.

The other found tomato iat the top right, and muy mas Serranos.
In other news, when I got back from the hardware store, I saw that some of the pototoes were blooming! Who knew?

Potato flower
Next, a couple of views of progress:





Finally, in other news, the Sunflowers have a predator, as seen here:




Said predator being...





...Griffin.

I suspect he has a bit of a tummy ache, and the Sunflower leaves are his remedy of choice.  He sniffs just about everything f=green, including the lettuce and the tomatoes, but Sunflower is always the winner.

Finally, a rodent monorail (taken from inside the kitchen):


More, later!

No comments: